Are you wondering if it’s worth the effort of submitting your WSP/ATR during this year’s Skills Submission period? Our team always recommends that clients complete these submissions, even if they never have before.
Here are 5 top reasons to submit your WSP/ATR this year:
- You want to complete your B-BBEE Verification in your financial year: If you are planning on participating in BEE and completing a verification, then you absolutely need to submit during this Skills Submission period. If you do not submit your WSP/ATR, your Skills Development element will not be verified for B-BBEE purposes.
- You have mandatory training to implement: If your organisation needs to implement mandatory training required by your industry or sector or OHS legislation, you can gain Mandatory Grant funding from SETAs when you submit your WSP/ATR before 30 April. This means your mandatory training will be in part or wholly funded by your SETA and your business does not need to incur the training expenses.
- You would like to upskill your teams with discretionary, additional training: Planning for additional training in your WSP will make you eligible for SETA Discretionary Grant funding to upskill your teams and increase your productivity.
- You want to implement unemployed or employed Learnerships in your company: By planning for Learnerships, you could be eligible for SETA Discretionary Grant funding to fund these projects, allowing you to contribute to job creation and skills interventions.
- You have 50 or more employees: These companies are mandated by law to submit their WSP/ATR during the Skills Submission period. If you regard your operations as “small” but you employ over 50 people, then you must complete this submission.