Our team has put together a quick guide to how to get a BEE Certificate:
- Determine the B-BBEE level you need to obtain.
- Identify the set of BEE Codes that will govern your strategy – i.e. what is applicable to your industry and scope.
- Align your Ownership structure for the level you need. For some businesses, there is no need to alter Ownership and the required level can be attained from other elements.
- Analyse your Management Control and Occupational Levels to determine whether any changes need to be made – keep your Employment Equity in mind!
- Based on a business analysis conducted by you, development and implement your Skills Development Plan – again, keep your Employment Equity in mind! If you need help to get started with Skills Development, subscribe to our newsletter for a free guide on how to get started with Skills Development. Also, read more here about what categories can be counted towards BEE Skills Development spend.
- Adjust your Procurement Spend with BEE Compliant suppliers.
- Maintain and record your ESD spend and investments, aligned with your realistic targets to get the level you need.
- Determine your SED spend and maintain the paperwork for donations you make.
- Send your complete B-BBEE file with all of these records and documents to your Verification Agency.